Everybody likes a little salty sweet goodness; if this is you, you’ll LOVE this recipe. However, I suggest you share it with 32 of your friends, or you will be having food baby twins. The other option is to borrow my friend Sarah Kyler for the day. “Rent-a-Dougie” – best baker ever. Thank you for making my taste buds sparkle.
- ½ bag of mini pretzel twists
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Sea salt or table salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large pan with aluminum foil and lay a single layer of pretzels down.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and the brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Let it boil gently just until it starts to stick to the bottom and it forms a nice smooth caramel. You’ll want to let it bubble a little and get really thick.
- Remove from heat and pour evenly over the top of the pretzels (don’t worry if every single pretzel isn’t covered). Put in the oven at 350 degrees for five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. You can let the caramel melt the chips, but I prefer to put it back in the oven for one minute.
- Spread the chocolate chips around with a spatula until mostly melted.
- Sprinkle generously with salt.
- Let cool on the counter top for a few minutes and then pop in the freezer for at least two to three hours.
- When it comes out of the freezer, break it up into uneven chunks with your hands and serve.
***tastes best when right out of the freezer. It will start to melt after sitting on the counter top for more than a few minutes.